As parents there are many different items on our agenda to teach our children before they leave the house. In our short 18 years with our children a lot of life happens but generally speaking, there isn’t a lot of adult life/rough life that happens which can cause a hiccup for children as they enter into adulthood. How honest are you with you child about real issues? Are you open with your child about the struggles adults face?
When we paint this beautiful picture of adulthood (because we’ve overcome most of the struggles already) it may set up our children for trouble. By talking about ALL the trials and tribulations of early adulthood, our children are some what aware it’s not all cotton candy and rainbows. Life is full of ups and downs, it has many many seasons, and one thing life isn’t always, is consistent. A good way to start having these conversations is by using these conversation starters. You’ll be surprised where the conversation leads.
- Do not educated your children to be rich. Educated them to be happy. So when they grow up they will know the value of things, not the price.
- Eat you food as medicine, otherwise you will need to eat your medicine as food.
- Whoever loves you will never leave you, even if they have 100 reasons to give up. They will always find one reason to hold on.
- There is a big difference between being human and human being.
- If you want to go fast – go alone. But if you want to go far – go together.
Find the time to have these conversations with your kids. Talk to them about their future and what they envision & how they’re going to get there. Plant that seed of success, with success being a happy, fulfilled, enriched life. We as parents are here to guide our children and help them be the best version of themselves. So get talking.