This sweet potato salad can be used as a hearty side dish or a filling meal. If you’re looking for a true “salad,” this isn’t going to be it. You won’t find any lettuce in this dish but it’s still worthy of your palate.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- S + P to taste
- 1 cup pomegranate
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup feta or Vegan feta
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey (or agave if making vegan)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- S + P to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Place the Peeled, 1-inch cubed sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until the sweet potatoes are thoroughly coated. Sprinkle S + P onto oiled sweet potatoes
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Place baked sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Add pomegranate, pepitas and the feta cheese.
- In a small brown, whisk together pomegranate juice, red wine vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle dressing over sweet potato salad.
- Gently toss.
Did you know?
Pomegranates are known for: boosting immunity, helping with acne, generating healthy hair growth, protection from sun damage, and are a great natural anti-aging weapon.
- Oven time may vary depending on the “health” of your oven. Mine is pretty unhealthy so the sweet potatoes take the full 30 minutes to roast. Sometimes it’s even longer. The goal is a tender sweet potato, one you can easily stick your fork in.
- looking to make this vegan?- simply omit the feta cheese, OR grab some vegan feta cheese and enjoy the fullness of this salad.
- If serving at a party-grab some parsley to sprinkle over the top as a garnish (it’ll make you look super suave when you present it)